Greenwood Village, Colorado

My first experience with Aarons was in November of 2016 when my personal refrigerator died right after thanksgiving and I wanted to purchase one from Aarons. I went on line and ordered one and they gave me a delivery date and removed the money from my bank account for my new fridge.

The delivery date came and went without the arrival of the new fridge. I contacted customer service to question if my delivery date was changed without my knowledge? I originally gave them my contact number as well as my email to contact me when they were going to arrive, but they said that they had already delivered the fridge and would i like to make my next payment? I explained to them, I never received the refrigerator and i shouldn't have to make ANY additional payments and i would like a refund of the original payments made, especially since I never received the merchandise.

Needless to say I never received a refund either. So months later, maybe around May or June of 2017, my autistic son needed a mattress and box spring. So I decided since Aarons NEVER refunded my money, I would “rent to own” a mattress and box spring from them. As I spoke to, what was supposed to be the new manager of that store; He sat me down and said to me “if I rent this merchandise to you, you do know it’s not yours until it is paid off!?” I felt that statement was rude, uncalled for and extremely unprofessional to say the least.

But being that I still had funds with this company and my son was in desperate need of a bed, I proceeded with the mattress rental. A few weeks later I was unable to continue to pay for the mattress set and I called Aarons store in Hempstead and asked if I could return the mattress? They informed me I was unable to do so because they do not take mattresses back (something i was NEVER originally told). So I did the best I could and made as many payments as my paycheck would allow.

But somewhere in the month of February 2018 after i received my Income tax refund, I made one large payment online (thinking that was my final payment), a few days later a representative of the store called me to ask if I wanted to purchase anything else. I politely declined and that was what I thought was the last I heard from Aarons. Then at the end of August of 2018, I started receiving harassing calls from Aaron’s representatives again asking me if I wanted to make a payment to avoid any late fees. At the time I explained to them I was under the impression I made my last payment in February 2018 online.

The gentlemen explained to me that doesn’t matter because I made the payment “online”. I was confused but after phone call after harassing phone calls, I made another payment of $100.00 on 9/4 stating I would try and make another payment if I could. I received another call on Sunday October 28th from a different representative asking for yet another payment. I explained to the representative, I do not have any money to make a payment at this time.

Then I began to look for a corporate number to call to speak to someone on this matter and I couldn’t find a number that would direct me to someone in corporate, I could speak to. Then the morning of November 2nd, I noticed an unauthorized $48.00 pending debit from Aarons on my account. That was the last bit of money I had to feed my son and get back and forth to work until my next paycheck.

I would like for someone to call me at 5164266894 or reply to my email to professionally explain to me exactly “HOW” my account got to this point. I do not feel this is very professional or business like, especially since I was under the impression back in February of 2018 my account was closed out and paid in full.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aarons Furniture Rental.

Reason of review: both poor customer service and unauthorized debit to my account from Aarons.

Comments

LuckyDogCares

Hello Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We have filed an issue for you and a member of our Divisional Management Team will contact you within 48 business hours to assist you further.

If you have any further concerns, please contact our customer service department at 1-800-950-7368.

Thank you. -Tavius

LuckyDogCares

Hello, Thank you for sharing. We want to help as much as possible resolve you issues.

The best way to help is to have you send us an email to myexperience@aarons.com and include your first and last name, phone number and zip code so we can locate your account and forward to the correct person.

We look forward to hearing from you! -Kala

Aarons Reviews