Los Altos Hills, California

My fridge payment was late one month and my ex has been paying for it. We shouldnt have been late on our part but then an aarons employee tries walking into my parents home after we have told him to leave the property.

We were about to call the police until I tried explaining to him the fridge wasn't even here since this is my parents house. He did not believe me and said "i dont care im getting inside the house with or without permisson." Then I call Aarons in ontario where I leased the fridge and they wouldn't even tell me my pay off amount. That week they called relatives like my aunt that i have never met in my life that i did not list as a reference (this is illegal)I did not want to make another monthly payment I wanted to pay it off and never deal with them again. Instead the agent "David continues harassing me over the phone about his co worker who said outrageous things about me.

David threatens to come to my parents house everyday. which made no sense because i wanted to OWN the fride. so then I decide to contact corporate. A district manager calls me with the payoff amount and I am told there will be no harassment when I make my payment the next day.

I also call the store myself to speak to the manager that i do not want any trouble when i make the payment. i tell my ex to go in to pay and the manager Jesse calls me a "loser, and crazy b word" I contact both corporate and the district manager josh. A guy from corporate says " what do you want me to do?" And hangs up on me doesn't bother calling me back since he asked for my # in the beginning. And josh says "nothing like this has ever happened, its hard to believe" I filed a complaint with the better business bureau this company should be shut down.

I paid over 1200 for a fridge that I could have bought at sears for 399.

And I get treated like this!!! Something needs to be done with that store in ontario ca and Aarons as a company!!!

Comments

#619261

Ok....The TWO people leaving responses..."JOAN & COLLEEN"... How ignorant do you truly believe we are???? Seriously?!**** Both of you are affiliated with Aaron's Company **** Evidently by your reply's made... Full of BS 2.) Reading this is typical of certain company's preying on certain consumer's that even one time may fall behind on a payment,or even several times during the contract period, for what ever financial hardships comes along their way...Therefore, they take justice on their own behalf.. Going to your home and threating a person.. My Husband and I just recently WON a case against an Auto Lender for doing exactly what you are describing... Same sh&^%.. different shovel basically! ... This sounds incredibly like a company looking for their money....By ANY way possible! They enjoy degrading their borrowers who have loans and merchandise,yet end result this is still illegal way of how they choose to deal with this situation.... Another thing it is illegal for a Company/Collection dept to have anyone/employee make any kind of contact with anyone other than who you placed originally as a reference when signing the contract.. That means them using their own cell phones too to make contact also is Illegal!... We had that happen with us too ! Horrible and was emotionally embarassing as well.. Review the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and continue to contact BBB if not resolved soon.

And YES "Sear's" DOES have Fridge's for around $400,or less BTW... AND YES... Company's can and WILL make every attempt to harass their consumers when seeking money..Hence, MANY Lawsuits made against them for being dishonest,or "accidently" removing money from your bank account withour prior authorization.. Part of my case that helped me win after we just made two payments and ahead ... So... they stoop low..Poor on their behalf.. Call the Police the next time a person is any where on whom ever's property.. file a report with police also and see where that will take you

additionally to the other complaints made. Good Luck!

#619265
@Mel

***without.. Good Luck again and def next time no payments..just save and use cash ..If not get a loan through family if able..

Hate lenders!

they are like parasites sucking the life out of good people. :(

@Mel

Sears is no better

The guy threatened to enter the house with out persmission and TAKE what ever... there is no justification for that, and he should have been arrested.

Aarrons are CRIMINALS! We have a simular experience with them, including the treats and WE WHERE NEVER LATE ON OUR PAYMENTS

I was we'll aware I should have made payments but if you read my story my ex was supposed to make the payments. My problem was the WAY they attempted to collect by THREATENING me and trying to break in a home!

I'm not a dead beat you *** *** get a life and do yourself a favor and find something a little more productive than calling strangers deadbeats.

It's sad how people like YOU have to talk down on strangers over the Internet to make themselves feel a bit better. U got issues

Why do people think they can get away with NOT making payments and then be surprised and angry when collection attempts are made. Quit being a deadbeat and pay your bills.

I guess you should have gone to Sears then.

#619266
@Colleen

Like I said.... You def are affilated with Aaron's...

The "dead beat" is you... You actually are defending a company like this one..

Poor choice & I pray that you,or any of your beloved ones will NEVER have to deal with this type of situation,cause at any moments one's life can change drastically ..Including their fiances with that!

I've seen the same fridge for that price and yes I do understand they need to make money but to be treated like this is ridiculous. And I said relatives I haven't seen but i still know they are related they call my parents (they aren't from this state) get off this site if all you want to do is argue people complaints.

Something is wrong with this story----I'm sure they didn't hire people to find out who your relatives are, that you say you have never heard of. As far as getting a fridge at Sears for $400.00, I really doubt that.

You do have to understand that these rent to own places are more expensive than if you go out and buy something outright. The rent to own places exist for people that can't get credit other places.

Aarons Reviews