Rock Hill, South Carolina

I purchased a 47" TV from Homesmart which is a company owned by Aarons. About a month after paying off the TV I started seeing issues with one of the HDMI ports.

I called and had it picked up for repair. After a month I was told the TV was returned and repaired. I got the TV and noticed they had left the repair ticket on the TV which stated it was a faulty HDMI port, the part could not be ordered, and the MOBO would have to be replaced. So in fact the TV had not been fixed at all.

The sales manager acted surprised when I called and informed him of this. I've spent about 2 months going back and forth, one moment telling me they were going to have it repaired by a 3rd party shop, next telling me they were going to replace it with another TV.

6 months since my initial issue and no resolution. The merchandise is supposed to be covered for 1 year by the warranty I paid extra for.

Product or Service Mentioned: Aarons Repair.

Comments

The TV was replaced w a brand new JVC. The TV was sent to our service center and it did take a couple of months to get it back as they were trying to find a part for a zenith tv which zenith has went out of business.

He had a loaner tv while his tv was being worked on. The third HDMI port had went out on the TV and after he had got the tv back it took some time to get the approvals from regional staff. I do agree that it was too long and should've been approved much sooner.

This was not a HomeSmart purchased TV this was a crusader rent to own piece that when the buyout was done we honored the extended warranty. He does have a brand new JVC 50" TV w 3 HDMI ports as wanted.

Aarons Reviews