Jackson, New Jersey

My son is a driver for Aaron's rents.He has been called an *** retard, had furniture thrown at him, he was told, "all white people smell", by the sales manager.

Most recently, he was unable to answer the cell phone (because it was still in the store) so his boss called me to tell me they couldn't reach my son so they could only assume he stole the company truck and they were notifying the police. My son was delivering and installing a front loader washing machine (by himself ) and installing it. His boss said it wasn't a difficult delivery so it shouldn't be taking him so long.

The store manager called my son on his day off to ask where the delivery truck keys were, they needed to move the truck for the snowplows to come through. The key was with another driver and it never snowed that day.

His MT was driving one day, forgot to get gas in the company truck, and they ran out of gas. My son had to pay the store manager $75 to reimburse the tow truck expenses, even though he wasn't in posession of the gas credit card and couldn't see the gas gauge from the passengers seat.

He also had to give the manager $50 for an EZ-Pass violation,(he didn't have exact change, threw in what he had) EZ Pass fines in our state are $25.

These are just a few examples of how badly they harass him. He tried to transfer to a different store and was told he couldn't. They are trying to make hin quit, so they don't have to pay unemployment.

Comments

They fired my son a couple of days after my original post. On April 5th, my son passed away.

The manager had the nerve to ask if he could attend the services.

My son had life insurance with them that was much needed to pay for his final expenses and they wouldn't honor it. Ya, they're ***

I used to work for this Company and let me tell you it is not what it's seems. I was let go recently.

They have put me through *** and back again. Made me feel lower than a dog and I did the work of others. They spend more time outside smoking and they really don't care about families. I have lost a lot of family because they wouldnt let me off.

My dad died a couple of years ago and they threw a fit everytime Icalled andsaid I would be late. I could only see him during icu times. They almost destroyed my marriage because of the stress thy put me under. And the way this star operates is wrong collect extra fees when I know some of the customers live from check to check.

The ones I work with are all perverts I felt really insecured in the work place.

I would nit recommend anyone to work there or better less shop there. I will try for unemployment until I can find another job.

My husband is a PT and is treated like *** ALL THE TIME. And before anyone comments, he doesn't know I'm writing this.

He would actaully prefer I didn't. But I'm so tired of the way they *** him around, talk to him, and treat him like some kind of slave. He can never do anything right. He kills himself for that store and just gets *** on.

And it is SOO hard to get a job anymore. He has applied to so many other jobs to get out from Aaron's, but nothing has worked out.

I really feel for your son. I hope he can or has find something else.

I agree SOME Aarons are terrible places to work and quite a bit of harassment goes on there unchecked.

How can you quit without quitting? Simple.

Don't show up to work, call in all the time, take long breaks, and leave early.

I quarantee you he will be fired in no time and collect unemployment. Ha, you have to outsmart the system,,,, :grin

I WAS GETTING A PRICE QUOTE FOR FURNITURE NOT ANY MORE I RATHER WAIT A LITTLE AND BUY FROM A GOOD COMPANYQ!!!!!!!

THAT IS JUST TO SAD WORD OF MOUTH IS VERY STRONG COMPANIES SHOULD WATCH WHAT THEY DO!!!

I am writing because I am pissed off at them for calling ME and threatening to call the police on ME saying I was a party to him taking the company truck. Making me worry that something had happened to him, and for being wretched people, kinda like you.

Something tells me you're an employee. My son was unable to do this himself because he works, 12-14 hours a day.

Your son is a real ***. Having you write this on his behalf. I think you should get off the computer and cuddle him as he is probably crying right now.

Aarons Reviews