3.1
Style and Design

To begin with, when I started my lease agreement for a Samsung washer and dryer with pedestals, Agreement # 9490, at the Pikeville Store, I was asked by *Agent if I wanted a payment due date of the 1st of the month or the 15th.My sole income is Social Security Survivors Benefits, which I receive on the 4th Wednesday each month, so obviously I asked for the 1st as my due date.

This wasn't corrected for over a year, wherein I was charged a $5 late fee multiple times. After complaining each month and the agent having to remove the late fee this was finally corrected. When I asked about the shoe drying rack for the dryer, which should have come with it, considering how much I've paid for it, I was told I can go to amazon and buy one myself. As I made each payment, I kept the receipts and always checked my remaining payments.

With 3.41 payments remaining on August 1st, I was told I had "green bucks" and was only charged $86.45 for that month. I was skeptical, and asked if this was correct, not wanting to pay less than the amount due, and was told that those bucks were applied for their loyal customers who have been with them awhile, it was the same as cash. That made me feel good, seeing how I was getting very close to owning my washer and dryer. But when I got the receipt, the remaining payments said 2.88, not 2.41 as it should have if those bucks were applied to my account as if it was part of the payment.

When I made my payment in September, I asked for the replacement seal for the washer, which I was told the day I started the contract would be replaced one time during my lease for free. I was told it had to be ordered and they would order it. I also asked why the last remaining payment had changed from .41 to .88. That is going from under 50% of a payment to almost 100%.

The manager wasn't there so I got no resolution that day. When I went in to pay my October payment, which was my next to last payment, I asked if the seal was in, and it wasn't. I also asked about the raise on the remaining payment and *Agent started printing off receipts to see what I was talking about, but all the receipts he printed off at the store showed .88, not .41 as my receipts showed. So I took a picture of my receipts when I got home and sent them to *Agent, an agent.

She said she would show them to *Agent, another agent, and they would look into it. I paid the last payment on October 25th, and before I gave *Agent the money I asked about the remaining payment. I thought it should be lower, .88 and .41 should be a lot of difference. He said he couldn't do anything until I paid the payment.

$115. He reached me the payout ownership certificate and receipt. I began straightening those papers up and zipping my wallet, giving him time to look into the difference, but I look up and see him staring off into the parking lot! Stunned, I ask "Aren't you going to check on that for me?" His response is "There's nothing I can see".

I showed him my receipts, where the remaining payments went from 3.41 in July to 2.88 in August, plain to see. He said yes, they showed me the pictures but you only payed $86.45 in August, it's where you didn't pay the full payment that month. I asked him what was those green bucks for, if not the rest of the payment, and told him that I had the full payment in my hand, and tried to pay it when I was told those bucks were credit and I only had to pay $86.45. He was very dismissive and said he could get a manager to look at it, and I told him I would talk to someone myself.

I was so upset and really just fed up with him. Then I asked if the seal was in, and he said it was ordered and would take about 2-3 weeks to come in. Now remember, I asked for that seal the beginning of September, if it takes 2-3 weeks to come in, it should have been in before the end of the month. This was two months after I asked for it.

Thank God, I now own my washer and dryer. I only have to go back to that store to pick up the seal, if it ever comes in. I don't understand why someone would tell me I'm a loyal customer and reward me only to charge me in the end. I do feel that I was charged and paid late fees when I shouldn't have been, and I do feel like I was robbed of .47 of my last payment since no one can explain to me why it went up.

I would appreciate it if someone could please look into my account. I wouldn't want anyone else to have to go through this if they reward more customers with those green bucks then charge them in the end. Especially since they will be treated as if they're stupid or unimportant by the agents when they inquire about it, the way I was made to feel. I paid real good money for my washer and dryer.

I don't expect to get anything for free, but I do expect to be treated with respect and if I have an issue, to be treated like it's important enough to them to figure out what happened.Thank you, Sabrina Thacker

Comments

Green bucks is the amount you over paid. It's not a reward of any sort. It's basically anything you over paid.

LuckyDogCares
Aarons Verified Representative

Hi,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!We would love to look more into your account address and address any issues that you may be having.

Can you please send an email to myexperience@aarons.com and include your first and last name, store info, zip code and a good contact number.We look forward to hearing from you!

Kala