AARONS FURNITURE AND APPLIANCE RENT TO OWN STORE: I WAS TOLD TO GO THROUGH AARONS TO PURCHASE WASHER/DRYER AND COMPUTER/PRINTER.WHEN THEY WERE DELIVERED, THE PRINTER WAS USED, AND THE WASHER WAS ALL BANGED UP AND USED.

THE ONLY THING WAS NEW WAS THE COMPUTER AND DRYER. THEY WERE CHARGING ME $475/MONTH. WHEN MY ITEMS WERE DELIVERED WE QUESTIONED THE DELIVERYMAN AND HE SAID HE GOT THEM LIKE THAT FOR US TO CALL THE STORE. SO I DID, AND THE DELIVERY MAN WAS THE INSTORE MANAGER...HOW IRONIC...AND HE DIDNT KNOW??!!

WHAT RENTAL PLACES DELIVERS A BANGED UP WASHER THAT IS MOSTLY SENSOR ELECTRONIC, SO THEIR VERY TOUCHY. SO WHEN YOU RECEIVE A BANGED UP WASHER, YOUR WONDERING WTF???? AND WHEN I CALLED THE STORE THE DELIVERYMAN AKA INSTORE MANAGER SAYS I WAS INFORMED I WAS GETTING USED STUFF. I WAS NOT INFORMED.

I SPECIFICALLY ASKED FOR BRAND NEW IF I AM PAYING SO MUCH A MONTH. WHO THE *** RENTS TO OWN USED STUFF...LET ALONE BANGED OR DAMAGED APPLIANCES. I TOLDTHEM I WANTED THEM TO COME FOR IT AND REPLACE IT WITH A NEW ONE. WELL THEY NEVER CAME AND 6 WEEKS LATER THEY CALL AND DEMAND THEIR MONTHLY PAYMENT AND I TOLD THEM NO I HAD BEEN WAITING FOR MY ITEMS TO BE PICKED UP AND REPLACED WITH NEW ONES, AND THAT IT HADD BEEN 6 WEEKS.

THEY TURNED AROUND AND SAID THEIR NOT GIVEN ME ANYTHING UNTIL I PAY MY MONTHLY PAYMENT. i TOLD THEM NO I WAS NOT GOING TO PAY FOR ANYTHING AND THAT I HAD CALLED THEM THE SAME DAY THEY DELIVERED MY STUFF, AND THAT I WENT A WHOLE MONTH WITHOUT USING MY APPLIANCES. THEY COME TO MY HOUSE BANGING ON MY DOOR DEMANDING MY STUFF. SO I TOLD THEM TO GLADLY TAKE IT CAUSE THEY WERE NOT IN WORKING ORDER AND THAT I WAS NOT GOING TO PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT DIDNT EVEN WORK LET ALONE IT WAS ALL BANGED UP AND DAMAGED.

THE GUYS WHO CAME FOR MY STUFF TOLD ME THEY WOULD NOT PAY FOR THESE ITEMS EITHER AND THAT WE WERE BEING SCAMMED!!!

AARONS IS A BIG RIP OFF AND VERY UNFRIENDLY AND UNREASONABLE STAFF..*** ARTIST!!!!NEED I SAY MORE!!!

Had an Experience with Aarons?

Comments

Chicago, Illinois, United States #607034

i rented to own a dell laptop & had no idea the

disc drive was defective till long after i paid it off, i called aarons in chicago & they asked if i had the extended warranty and i said no because they never offered it to me, they argued they did.Now im stuck with a *** up laptop...Anyway as i made my last payment on the 1st laptop i got another one and right near the end of my lease the pixels on the display went goofy as well as other problems and i called them & had them come get it to take it in for repair .I called them the next day & told them to call me & tell me what was wrong before any repairs were made of nay kind.They said it would be ready in about 3 weeks.Well fast foward to just over 6 weeks later i call them once again & they inform me that hp said they had to fix alot of things and it would cost me a bit over 300.

I told aarons i dont have that kind of money and so aarons told me that after i make my last payment of 166.??

that if i were to make one more payment the next month that would clear me out and my contract would be finished.I didnt want to argue so i said ok..But they were full of *** because i asked to be called before any repairs of any kind were done & they failed to do that.So they call themselves charging me for *** when i was withing my contract, wth is that about..In the 2 yrs i was renting to own, i was never late making a payment..

And as for what do they do with them?well i had become good friends with one of the guys from Budget rentown, and we asked him the same question,"What do they do with the items they repossession?" and he said some rentown places just re-lease them out to some one else.

But budget they make a deal for repo stuff, instead of paying $19/week it will be $10/week, depending on how long the person whom they repo from had them.And when i first went to Aarons, they told me if i wanted all new furniture and i was like "well of course!" Not once did i ever ask for used items, thats the purpose of renting to own you want your furniture brand new if your paying so much money and delivered in good condition!

No but would you pay for a damaged washer that was all dented and banged up and didnt work?i got the items like this, i have rented from Rentown and Budget before and my items came in boxes and packaged.

NOne of the appliances i got from AARONs came in a box or package except the computer, thats how i knew the computer was new or so i thought until Telus came to hook up my internet and told me the wireless was taken off my computer and that my computer was not new! Yes i would of gladly paid for these items had they been new and delivered in good condition. NOt a used item thats been damaged from god knows where...I purchased a living room suite, dining suite, bedroom suite and washer and dryer from budget and i paid $675/month for 2 years, and i paid them out no problem!!! But i was not aware of the dents until my daughter told me to go look at them.

by this time the delivery guys aka managers were gone. i tried calling them back but they said they would come back on another time when their coming back to our town. THEY NEVER CAME BACK!!

4 WEEKS LATER THEIR DEMANDING PAYMENT FOR SOMETHING I WASNT ABLE TO USE AND I TOLD THEM POLITELY AND CALMLY I WAS STILL WAITING FOR MY ITEMS TO BE REPLACED.AND APPARENTLY THEY WERE WAITING TO BE SHIPPED IN, AND THAN ALL OF SUDDEN A FEW DAYS LATER ATTITUDE CHANGES AND NO I DONT GET MY ITEMS REPLACED UNTIL I PAY WTF IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!

LuckyDogCares
Aarons Verified Representative

@outrageous - I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.To further assist you please contact me at response@aarons.com with your local Aaron's store information, primary name on the lease agreement and the best contact phone number.

I will be more than happy to further research this for you.Thanks - Jessica

Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States #580287

When a rent to own place, repos items, what do you think they do with the items? Myself I don't think $475.00 a month is bad for a washer, dryer, computer, and printer. I don't think you will find any different treatment from any of the other rent-to own places.