Doylestown, Pennsylvania
7.7K views

Being a customer of Aaron's rental services for buying a laptop back in 2009 I decided after moving out that it was time to buy a nice couch. I have been paying on the couch for almost a year now, never a late payment, but after moving my bank was drained.

My usual payment is $150 a month but last month I could only pay $50. I figured like most places they wouldn't mind a partial payment since I was in a bind, at least they were getting something. I was told that they allow you to skip one payment all together while paying on something so I figured it would not be a big deal. I also emailed the company to let them know what was going on.

A couple of weeks later an employee showed up knocking on my door trying to repo my couch! I had read a review that aaron's was very unforgiving but hadn't believed it since my parents have been going through them to buy furniture for years. The employee would not leave, kept asking for credit card information or any way he could get money, he even put his foot in the door so that my boyfriend couldn't lock him out! My boyfriend finally convinced them that we would make up the rest of the payment on our next one, only after having to talk on the phone to the store manager & the employee left.

We made a payment & a half this month but they are once again harassing us 24/7 for the other half payment. Calling us, knocking on our door & leaving notes.

I know ot is my fault that I could not make the full payment but I want everyone to know how UNFORGIVING Aaron's Rental is, & to let everyone know how much you will be harassed. Please do not use Aaron's!

Comments

That y you call them tell them what's going on now they have call arrons clube the will help you from been late or your sick or stolen and more

#1601974

I agree i pay every month sometimes late and they harrasss me everyday and ive been in hospital.

I am going through the same situation in Brooklyn they keep calling your 5 6 times a day calling your contacts and spreading your personal business I am starting or legal civil suit against them wish me luck

I just wanna say Aarons renting service suck!!!! I have read alot of the reviews on here & i wanna say HARRASMENT is not even the word!!!

I have a labtop & bedroom set & pay 193.00 a month and after 4 months i was late for 16 day & they not only came banging on my door like the cops for 20 mins like 4 different times, they left notes, an unbielievable amount of voicemails starting @ 8:13 am. To about 8:45pm EVERY DAMN DAY!!! ( except sundays ofcourse, cuz there closed) but remember those 3 "refrences" that they ask for when ur renting your item?????? Ya well those arent "refrences" THERE JUST 3 MORE PEP TO HARRASS WHEN YOU WONT ANSWER!!!

Its awful one was my 89 yr old grandmother, whos phone was ringin 3-4 times a day, & when she tells them she doesnt c me very often, THOSE INCONSIDERATE *** JUST KEEP CALLING HER!!!!! But this is the BEST PART YET( & the last of my rant) my bf had gotten a laptop also around the same time i did, but couldnt afford it, so after only 2months & both payments brought it back!!!! ( now mind u he is not on my lease with aarons at all & NOT one of my 3 " refrences" ) THEY HAVE CALLED HIM HONESTLY I COULDNT EVEN TELL U HOW MANY TIMES, JUST ABOUT THE SAME AS ME!!! He has told them like they dont already now, that he has NOTHING 2 DO WITH MY LEASE OR THE STUFF I BOUGHT, HE ISNT ON MY 3 "REFRENCES" SO 2 PLEASE STOP CALLING HIM BECUZ ITS REALLY HARRASSMENT AT THIS POINT!!!

Idk i could go on & on about them but i wont waste my time with what EVERY1 ALREADY KNOWS ABOUT AaRONS!!!!! JUST THAT THEY R RUDE & VERY VERY *** INVASIVE SO DONT GO IN THAT *** *** *** STORE WITH THOSE HORRIBLE PEOPLE!!!!

Have Aaron's to type up saying they will not accept your partial payment

Can they come with cops To take my furniture I have one pay ment left? And can I kdt then in my house

I have been dealing with the same thing . I begged them to refinance my two contract and they would not.

So at least 2 evening a week they are on my door beating the *** at it.

And the worse of it is they are telling my neighbors that thru hate me. I have been a customer of Aaron’s for about6 or 7 years

i have a portable dishwasher i rented from aarons in july 2016 i have 11 payments left i was mistold by an apt complex i could have it here and when i moved in they said i cant have the dishwasher so know i have to find somebody to drive to the twin cities to bring it back to benson mn so they can pick it up cause why pay on it if i cant use it right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm dealing with a similar situation. I have been making on time payments each month for my beds and dressers and t.vs, but they were unable to pull a payment out this month due to the fact that my boyfriend got on a fulltime job through another business and he has to wait to get his first full paycheck for like two weeks and our scheduled payments were always for the last Friday of the months.

They tried to pull a payment and did not receive it today and we got a call from them, saying that i am behind, even though i am not, and that if i do not make a payment soon, that they will come and take my t.vs. We are currently having a blizzard and they wanted us to come into the store to sign a paper stating that they will give us an extension, and i told them i cannot. We are currently trapped here at home because no one has been able to plow us out. Now, As i said before, i have been a on time paying customer for over a year now, and I was unable to make one payment, and I was being bullied to pay something, and i am not one to be bullied.

I had to ask the one guy doing the bullying, to let me speak to someone else too many times, and even had to yell at him, till he finally put someone else on.

I think it is ridiculous, that Aarons are bully's and scammers if you miss one payment, and my payment was due today, so i am not that late, and already i got threatened to have my stuff repossessed because of this! I am thinking of calling the corporate office of Aarons and filing a complaint.

I researched Rent to own (law RTO Law) they are legally allowed to harass you. Best thing to do is tell everyone you know not to use AArons!

@Anonymous

This is a false statement. RTO doesn’t supersede FDIC federal laws with regards to common practice laws for debt collection. And FYI no law ever made allows for harassment ......

@AaronsIssues2019

The FTC federal trade commission not FDIC

#1190074

Should've paid your bill *** that's a business not a charity

@Anonymous

No it's not a charity everyone goes through things that's why they are renting Thank you very much

julia1962

just saw this online

Lawsuit Filed Against Aaron’s, Inc. Regarding Alleged Improper Practices

Lawsuit claims that Aaron’s, Inc. repeatedly breaches rent-to-own contracts, violates state usury laws, and engages in unfair business practices.

Atlanta, Georgia (PRWEB) November 11, 2011

Atlanta law firm Webb, Klase & Lemond, LLC has filed a class action lawsuit against Aaron’s, Inc., one of America’s leading rent-to-own companies with over 1,900 total stores. Aaron’s leases furniture, appliances, and electronics to consumers usually with the promise that, after a certain number of payments have been successfully completed, the consumer will own the items.

The new lawsuit alleges that Aaron’s has breached its lease agreements by refusing to provide pay-off information to consumers and through other improper practices. The suit further asserts that the company has used unfair business practices, false advertising, and misrepresentations to induce customers to enter lease agreements that are not as favorable for the consumer as represented. The claims also include unjust enrichment. The case, styled Clark v. Aaron’s, Inc., is pending in the Superior Court of Fulton County Georgia and has been assigned Case Number 2011-CV-207622.

According to the suit, Aaron’s rent-to-own business model is in reality the extension of credit through consumer loans disguised as leases for the purchase of goods. The suit alleges that the difference between the market value of the goods and the total amount of payments made by a consumer constitutes interest. State usury laws, such as the civil and criminal usury statutes in Georgia, impose a cap on the amount of interest that may be charged by a lender. The suit alleges that Aaron’s repeatedly violates these laws.

Further, the suit alleges that Aaron’s deceptively markets its well-known offer of “120-days same as cash.” According to the complaint, this offer purports to allow consumers to buy their furniture, appliances, or electronics from Aaron’s for their market value so long as the consumer pays in full within four months. The deception, as alleged in the suit, is that Aaron’s regularly and proactively attempts to prevent consumers from taking advantage of the 120-day offer by failing to provide them with their outstanding balance or pay-off amount in a timely and appropriate manner.

If you wish to discuss this action or have any questions concerning this press release, please contact John Lyon, Esq. by e-mail or by calling (770) 444-9325.

Oh to mr, " common sense" screw off. Hope you ar never in a bind.

You're prob an employee. Anyway I was late and they come every day. The other day two came and asked for me by name and said they were missionaries. ummm ok in the dark...then pull off in a car and not go to neighbors next.?

..lame...Arrond Brookpark as long as you been making huge markup on cheap *** you should take a loss now and again. w/e

Pay your bills or turn over the goods. You are in the wrong here and have no right to even complain.

You are an ***

What a loser

@common sense

You actually have to be a licensed debt collector to be able to attempt debt collection. It’s a federal law, not a state requirement and fed law is firm.

It’s part of the FDIC requirements for fair trade, if Aaron’s is attempting to harass you for payment it’s against the law, for them to request or demand payment by showing up at your door, further more you need to be a licensed repo in the state you are repo’ing. If you are not the harassment or attempt can be cured by calling the police and having them arrest the person for trespassing, harassment and or illegal and unlawful repo. The police aren’t fairly renowned with fed law let alone state laws, so I’d advise you ask for a seargeant and have papers ready to show the FDIC requirements for debt collections and the repo license laws. Anyone for any reason can not show up at your door demanding payment nor can they stand outside harassing you, it’s intimidation and that alone is harassment.

Additionally If Aaron’s is spreading your business out there, by telling your references tor business that is defamation and per the FDIC fed laws they aren’t able to tell your references why they are calling. Just that they are trying to get in contact with you, your references have the right to demand that Aaron’s remove their number and once they demand that it is unlawful for Aaron’s to keep calling them. There needs to be a class action against Aarons, I agree, but know there is a difference between a civil suit and a criminal suit, the Aaron’s employees have no idea that they’re not supposed to be harassing customers. Their franchise owner private owners or managers insist they do, but do not be fooled you have every right to have an attorney send a cease and desist letter.

And you also have the right to feel safe in your own home.

If Aaron’s really wanted Their Merchandise they would have to hire a licensed debt collector to do all the calling, additionally they’d have to take you to court to demand payment or a repo order by a Marshall or a licensed repo in the county. The finality of this is that Aaron’s does not practice fair trade and it will end up getting them in huge lawsuits down the road.

Aarons Reviews