Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
1.3

This is my horror story with Aaron’s Furniture Rental in Stroudsburg, PA. Everything here is entirely true and I have evidence to back it.

November 27, 2015 our Refrigerator decided to stop working on us. The day after Thanksgiving and we lost all of our food and leftovers. We rented a new fridge from Aaron’s as we had done some minor business with them before. Other than being late with our past delivery, we had a fairly average experience with them.

December 16, 2015 my father passed away unexpectedly. He was the sole provider for our family and with that we stand to lose about everything that we have. First thing was to cut out any unnecessary costs, the new fridge was the first thing to go. We had searched all around for a cheap, craigslist fridge just to get by, however we came up empty handed. When we contacted Aaron’s about the fridge return, we were told that they had a fridge that was a little “dinged up”, but the people who owned it prior could not afford the final payments. For $100 we received this fridge and it was very nice, however it smelled a little off to me. Seemed clean upon inspection, got it into our kitchen and I helped the delivery men install the new fridge as my mother isn’t very able bodied.

After the delivery men left we begin to put some food into the fridge and I catch movement out of the corner of my eye. I stand on my tiptoes and look atop of the fridge and there’s a nasty German cockroach staring back at me. I killed it quickly and then we pulled the fridge back to the center of the kitchen, getting my 17 year old brother to keep an eye to the floor to watch for them. I took off the back panel of the fridge and it was crawling with German Cockroaches as was the wire covering atop the fridge; the smell I had smelled was insecticide! The fridge had come from a roach infested home and they certainly neglected to tell us about this. A desperate family needing a fridge, fairly easy for them to squeeze a hundred bucks out of.

In the cold of the night, my little brother and I had to *** the door to our home by ourselves and move the fridge out onto the porch in hopes the roaches hadn’t gotten hold in our home. We took pictures, kept bodies of the dead roaches, and my mother called Aaron’s the next day. They assured us it was a terrible misunderstanding and didn’t mean to try to pull one over on us. They came for the fridge and brought us a cheap model that was in new condition. I can’t complain there. It’s a fridge and I’m thankful.

My mother was told by not only the manager at Aaron’s, but also by their regional manager from corporate, that Aaron’s would pay to handle any potential roach infestation by contacting an exterminator. This was in December and it is now February. Since the incident we hadn’t seen any roaches in our home. Just the other day I saw one scurry on the seal of the fridge door. We kept his body too. They’ve had two months to breed. There are definitely others.

We tried to contact Aaron’s to no avail. Finally, when we did get in contact they said they would send someone out. Everything scheduled and guess what? The exterminator doesn’t show. So, tomorrow, 2/14/16, allegedly an exterminator is coming out.

Why am I telling you all of this? Plain and simple, do not do business with Aaron’s Furniture Rental. We looked online to see if other people had issues with Aaron’s and this is what we found:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eSMCdPQipI – Roaches

http://www.topix.com/forum/business/household-products/TO43KB9AK0LN1CBAP -Bedbugs

Reason of review: Cockroaches... Need I say more? Value of our loss is priceless. Aaron's infested our home with Cockroaches. Cockroaches spread disease and we care for my grandmother with Alzheimer's Disease full time..

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Aarons Pros: Delivery guys were cool.

Aarons Cons: Being infested with roaches, Being mislead, Issue not being solved, Poor customer service.

• Disgusting Experience

Comments

LuckyDogCares

Hi,

This is definitely not the experience we would want you to have had. If you can email us at response@aarons.com that includes the name on your lease agreement, the local store that you work with and your best contact number.

We would like the opportunity to make this right with you. Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks Chelle

@LuckyDogCares

I am now a ware of the same thing just found them now my house has them and i have to go in to the store tomorrow to try and maybe talk to some one

LuckyDogCares