Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
I rented a washer and dryer from Aarons and about 3 weeks noticed that my childs room floor was soaked one day. His room is directly behind the wash room. The washer was leaking from the washer itself all over. I called aarons, who told me that someone would be out...

Do you have to make your payments at the store you rent from? We moved and there is a store 2 blocks away which would be easier than driving 5 miles....

Review

Aarons review in Albuquerque, New Mexico: Terrible customer service and disrespect for the customer.

I recently put $800 down on a 65'' HDTV and purchased a stand for $300 cash from Arron's Rent-to-own. The delivery time was scheduled between 4-7pm. The delivery guys finally showed up right at 7 which was fine, but when they unloaded the truck, they only brought the TV (which was damaged). they didn't bring the TV remote or the stand that I purchased! After saying that they would be right back with the items that they forgot, they didn't even show up at all!!! No phonecall or anything to let us know what was going on. They left us with a monster TV sitting in our kitchen!!! Completely unprofessional and needless to say i will not be doing business with Arron's ever again.
Aarons Delivery Service

Aarons review in Washington, District Of Columbia: The healthy back store lost my Aaron chair

I took an Aaron chair to get fixed at the healthy back store in Alexandria, VA (Duke St) in November 2009. The person I talked to took the chair and said they could fix it. I paid a fee of $156.45 and the person said the part would be ordered and they would contact me. About a month later they called me to say that the part had arrived and that I had to pay another $150 so they would fix the chair. I paid. Now (Mar 2010) I have been calling the store to find out if the chair is ready or not. Guess what? They dont know where my chair is. They are telling me they dont have my chair at their store. I called the customer service 240-297-1850 many times, left messages and no response so far. Every time I call the store and try to talk to the manager they tell me the manager is not there and they dont know when he will be back.

There is usually a 3-6 month turn over with this company. Getting a manager or an employee who knows what's going on is hard work.

The chair repair program is a joke. The whole company is a joke and regularly in the negative for reasons like this.

Review
I have purchased items from Aarons rent a center for the last 6 years. ^ months ago I had my roomate go their to get a set off washer & dryer. My roommate is moving out so she called to have them picked up. They were suppose to be at her place between 3pm & 8pm. At...

Is this about Aaron's, rent a center, rent to own? Because Aaron's is not rent to own or are they affiliated with Rent A Center, which is rent to own.

Many stated points are inaccurate and made it difficult to follow. Any GM who treats any customer poorly needs to be disciplined but we don't have both sides of the story. In any investigation, it requires both sides or it's a with hunt and none of us would appreciate inaccurate comments made of us. Fact: Aaron's is a hybrid Furniture, Electronics, Appliance andComputer store.

Meaning, you can buy anything retail immediately, have it delivered for free and take 120 days to pay for it at the same retail price or lease it for 12 monthly payments. Fact: credit isn't needed. That doesn't constitute rent to own. Low price guarantee backed by $100 in cash.

If you find it cheaper, bring the ad in and they'll beat it or pay you cash. Fact: model numbers are different for most retailers. Aaron's is no different. Their model number tells the mfg the level of quality in that product and flag a free mfg warranty 1-2 years for free where most pay extra for it elsewhere.

Then their advertised price is a lie. When I buy my cars, the warranty is included and so are the tires... For free. Meaning, there are no add on charges for delivery, warranty, etc.

do your homework people. Making false statements about anyone is wreck less and irresponsible.

Good thing false comments weren't made about you! Gasp!

Aarons in Foley Alabama

Management, clerks they all suck.. The only one that did not is no longer with the company. To start they have no knowledge about what they offer. The worst is one lady that answers the phone is from another country and you can barely understand her.. I have been a "client" for about 9 months now and NOTHING has gone correctly.. All the way down to my new "NEVER" been used computer came with a power cord that had been spliced together!!!! Then the really cheap bad that was provided for the pc broke and the pc went flying down a flight of concrete stairs.. REALLY?? Advice from me do not call and trust that they are documenting your information in any way. Double and triple check your contract before signing it.. They are responsible for more than they say they are.. I have been trying to get someone from the franchise to contact me for about 5 months... I think they may be ashamed of their actions.. They should be...!!!!!
#120807

Aarons got your money, that’s all. They had you, s-r, for 9 month and unless a financial loss is on horizon for them (law suit), they have no reason to respond.

Maybe you learned a lesson in 9 months, maybe not.

Loss

Aarons is TERRIBLE!!! Don't use them!!!!!

I rented a computer from Aaron's and they did pretty good @ first but after a while that started screwing up. One month they withdrew my payment out of my account twice!!!! When I called them about it, they said that they couldn't put it back once it was taken out. So the District manager told me that he would take half off my next month's payment. So I said ok. Well when that month came up Aaron's acted like they didn't know what I was talking about. So I finally got somebody that knew what I was talking about. They told me not to worry about it and that it was ok. Well 3 months later I started getting phone calls that my account was past due and that I was a 1/2 month behind in payments. I explained to them that I was not but nobody would listen so I just hung up. Finally the manager of the store called me and requested the payment and I was very pissed at that point so I went off and I told him everything that was going on. Well he got very sarcastic with me about it. Which pissed me off even more!!!!!! He told me that I should be dealing with a manger only and I told him that I was but evident ally I was not dealing with a manager. It was obviously someone that was impersonating a manger. Anyway I think I may have everything squared away but I recommend that nobody use Aaron's. They have really bad customer service and they over charge on they're stuff!!!! Trust me, It's not worth it!!!!!!!
#120379

In my opinion:

Aarons top management see customers as cash cows and employees as disposable commodities. I think that they grow because of bad economy and they profit from high unemployment. But I hope that at some point economy will get better and “Lucky Dog” will not be able to take advantage of thi situation anymore.

They say, you can’t teach old “Lucky Dog” new tricks and I am sorry for their employees and customers which will continue to suffer. Actually, it might help Aarons if you sue them for they will respond to financial pain only, so help yourself and others like you.

Review
After taking delivery of a brand new fridge it lasted approx. 1 month before blowing hot air. It was sent to service for repairs,in which time we were giving a loaner to use. The loaner leaked all over the floor daily. We were told that that was all they had for a...
#120114

You could go to small claims court in your county and show that you paid with assumption to get new item, but ended up with nothing. You could sue them for refund of all your money and more for distress.

They will have to show their records of your payments and service to judge.

It is cheap and easy way to get your money back and/or fridge. Don’t be a victim all your life, stand up to the Lucky Dog.

Aarons Delivery Service

Aarons review in Bellevue, Washington: Horrible customer service from store and district manager

I just got a computer from Aarons' and was told it would have everything I needed installed, including Anti-Virus. A couple weeks later I now have a virus on my computer. I find out what they did was load a "free" version of an AV program. I work for a software company and our technicians had a really hard time telling me what kind of virus infected my computer. When I called a little peeved about the situation, the manager from Aarons told me "no one was to touch his computers". Silly me...I thought since I was paying for it, the computer was kind of mine. If I had known what was installed I would have put a better AV program on it. I have transferred my account to another store, which installs a 30 day trial of a recommended AV program and has awesome customer service. I'm also not thrilled because they chose to contact someone from an application I filled out 6 years ago. Thankfully my friend didn't mind but it is unprofessional not to call someone and let them know you are using information they didn't provide. Guess Aarons' doesn't like admitting they didn't do their job and get enough references. When I brought this up with the District Manager he states that regardless of the information being 6 years old, they can still use it....I find this more than a little scary. What else are they doing with personal information?

I really feel your anguish. I am renting from a store in Somerset, Ky and they have one individual that burns my buttons!!

He says he is the accounts manager but I found out that he has worked for a collections agency before and he really plays the part!!!!! I am a slow payer but I do pay my bills. He called my phone and asked for a payment and I explained that I was very sick with fever and all that goes with it and he then demanded payment or else! He couldn't give me until the following Monday which it was only the Thursday before.

I really wish they would get rid of him!!!!!!!! Good luck

Viaan

Aarons spelled back words is trailer

hELLO

i AMNOT HAPPY WITH THE RULES AND TERMS OF aRRONS IN nEW bRITAIN ct

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE 4 PAYMENS IN ORDER TO RETURN MERCHANDISE...NOT GOOD AT ALL

HARASS YOU TO MAKE PAYMENT WHEN YOU DID A CHARGEBACK AND FORCING TO PAY OR ELSE

i AM NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER

TY :roll

I purchase a washer a year ago two weeks after I got it it quit working on two different cycles. So when I went to make the first payment I told them about it, some tech came and said that he can not work on it so for a whole year I told them and told them finally I got p.o. And argue with the manager finally today they told me we got it fix but we are not fixing it anymore

SOMETIMES EW AS CONSUMERS PUT OURSELVES IN A POSITION SUCH AS BAD CREDIT, AND THEREFORE WE ARE GIVEN A SECOND CHANCE BY VENDORS/SHARKS THAT FEEL THAT THEY CAN TREAT YOU ANYWAY BECAUSE OF YOUR CREDIT SCORE. i HAVE PURCHASE APPROX 6.000 DOLLARS WORTH OF MERCHANDISE, AND NEVER MISSED A PAYMENT, NOR WAS MY PAYMENT LATE.

THEN I PURCHASED A COMPUTER, AND HAD PROBLEMS WITH IT FROM DAY ONE. THE PRIOR MANAGERS WOULD GIVE ME A LONER COMPUTER WHILE MINE WAS BEING REPAIRED ABOUT 8 TIMES. THEN THIS NEW MANAGER MIKE COME ON BOARD NOT ONLY WOULD HE GIVE ME A LOANER, BUT FELT THAT HE WAS GIVING A COURESTY CALL. GO FIQURE :roll TO MAKE MY PAYMENT THAT WASANT DUE YET.

PEOPLE STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE AFTER TODAY MIKE I WOULD RATHER DEAL WITH A CRACK DEALER THAN YOU.

YOU NEED TRAINING AND A LIFE. :cry :( :( :( :( :(

*** *** COMPANY WHERE THE CUSTOMER MEANS NOTHING IVE PURCHASED 2TV FROM THIS COMPANY AND PAID 140 FOR THE WARRANTY I HAVE NEEDED MY TV REPAIRED SINCE DEC THEY FINALY GOT IT AROUND TO IT IN fEB THEN WOULD NOT LET ME GET A LOANER FOR HALF THE RENTERS PRICE THEN AFTER WAITING 2WKS FOR MY TV TO COME BACK THEM TELLING ME IT WAS READY BUT DIDNT COME IN BECAUSE THE TRUCK WAS FULL. NOW THEY WANT TO LET ME GET A LOANER FOR MORE THEN HALF THE RENTERS PRICE.

EVEN THO IT IS NOT MY FAULT THEY DIDNT PUT MY TV ON THE TRUCK. THE PEORIA STORE IS SO FULL OF *** I WOULD NEVER SUGGEST ANYONE GO THERE . I PLAN TO TAKE AN AD OUT IN THE PAPER. THE PEORIA MANAGER NEEDS TO BE FIRED HE HAS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS WHATSOEVER.

I PLAN TO TELL EVERYONE I KNOW AND SEVERAL I DONT KNOW TO NOT PURCHASED ANYTHING FROM THERE, ITS ALREADY OBVIOUS THAT WE PAY DOUBLE WHAT IT WOULD COST IN THE STORE SO I WOULD THINK THEIR CUSTOMER SKILLS WOULD BE TOP KNOTCH TO BRING CUSTOMERS BACK.

NOOO THEY COULD GIVE A *** SO WHY GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY?! DONT.

I laugh at the stupidity I read on here. First I thought I was going to be dealing with a bad company, but after reading the comments, I see it is just "Dead Beats" that don't want to pay there bill.

Well I will take exception to a couple that should have been handled differently if they are telling the whole story. But to get mad because your old information is used to find you when you don't pay! Of course they are going to do that. That information is in some corporate office somewhere.

The local store does not know that and besides when have you ever went to buy a car and the dealerships says "Oh, I bet they already have your information, so no application today." Dumb butt, you know every time you buy something you are going to fill out an application, that is the law. And NO it is not YOURS. You are "RENTING" and until you have paid it out, it is THEIRS!

So you have no right to do anything to it, or take it anywhere else. I am sure they have heard this kind of bull before, that is why they are "CHILL" towards you.

@bob

I laugh at your comments. dead beats i assume you know about about the subject.

Dumb butt are you in the first grade i mean really?!? ohh in case you didn't know. you can install or uninstall software even though you are "RENTING" how else are you going to use the computer just use internet. which i might add if you use wireless you need to install your SSID and any password you might have.

I might also add if the store didn't know he had filled an app out then how did they know to look for it when they called for his friend.

or did it just appear an say here i am. it is computer based and alot of stores dont share infomation with each other.

I am currently renting a TV from Aarons. I failed to make a payment, they've called my work several times a day, they've shown up to my job demanding the tv...ummmmm hello retards...im at work.

The tvs at home. Iv contacted district mgr, he was chill. I go to start my car in this cold weather this am, and this *** from Aarons, comes out of the store,yelling at me saying "if u need a tow truck, lemme know. Ill b more than happy to call one for u"!

So just waiting on the district mgr to call me bk today.

And best believe ppl, that rude guy WILL lose his job. So I AM keeping my TV and not giving them another dime.

bought a computer from aarons was supposed to be New,it wasn't.wouldn't connect to the internet,so assit.mgr came out to hook it up.the thing went down completely so he gets me a loaner.then my computer comes back and there are no drivers on it just the operation driver.called aarons, assist was supposed to come out ,never did.so I am taking it back today!!!! :cry

My husband rented a tv from aarlns in commerce ga. every month on the 1st - 5th they contact us by phone or come to our home.

we tell them f. people that our contract says due the 15th. well they over stepped the boundries yesterday , they drivers came to my house and tried to walk in. my son was home alone when they did it.

my dog almost ate them. Im so sick of them.

The computer was originally rented from a store in Amarillo Tx. I have 2 payments to fulfill 90 days same as cash and I will do it one way or the other. I refuse to give them anymore money than necessary.

THERE UNPROFESSIONAL, HALF WITS.

Hi, what store is it, what state, I'm having problems with my computer,again the third time, the screen doesn't shut off, they have the computer in the shop for repair already, The lady there said, I'd have to pay for it..The button on the screen.. *** no,,, My contract is up in 2 weeks and I own this garbage, now they could care lesss, How do I get a hold of the District Manager, all of a sudden they don't want to know a thing. ITS THE COLUMBUS AVE, STORE ,NEW BRITAIN, CT

#119834

Just to clarify...I didn't pay Aarons' for 6 years, I had previosuly filled out an application but chose not to open/keep an account with them. When I opened the account for my computer just 2 weeks ago they started everything over and never referenced that they had any previous information still on file for me.

This is blatently dishonest.

If they choose to keep the information on file then they need to be honest, pull up your file and "update".

Like I said people need to be aware because who knows what else is being done with that personal information.

View more comments (14)
Loss
I purchased 60 kitchen drawer handles; but they were too small for my husband's hands. I wanted to return them for a full refund, but even though I have to pay all of the shipping costs, "Aarons Kitchen Cabinet Hardware" will only give me 75% of the price of the...

To all of you posting about Aaron's Furniture. This is NOT about Aaron's Furniture.

This is about Aaron's Kitchen Cabinet Hardware, based out of Canada. Please keep this on topic about the right company.

Aarons furniture in Fullerton, CA

Went in on a Saturday to rent (planned on owning) a TV. Since I still need proof of income from employer, which I couldn't get until monday since my office is closed on the weekends, arranged for me to have a special delivery for me from Melvin on Monday after 7pm since that was what time I get home from work. I went ahead and paid for the product on Saturday so that way it would be delivered on Monday... He said I could come in and go over the rental agreement and sign at their location and they would deliver right after, since he did say "don't worry, I'll take care of you. I'll make it happen" I call on Monday to see if it will be delivered. Melvin was out and Gabriel (I guess the backup manager on Melvin's day offs) said "it's impossible for me to get it delivered today." And that Melvin was off that day So my natural response was "so Melvin lied to me about delivery today?" So I just asked for a refund and then said I couldn't get it until Melvin came back... What kind of Customer Service is that!! First they tell me the can deliver as long as I paid on Saturday.. Now I'm paying for something I don't have, and can't have delivered until A WEEK LATER!! I'm just gonna get my money refunded and go to RENT-A-CENTER. I went over there after I talked to Gabriel and at least their manager is willing to have delivery guys take my product at the hour I'll be home. Aarons customer service in Fullerton on Orangethorpe sucks...
Aarons Tv Rental